CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Photoshop: Adding clouds...

Since I am new to photography, I love finding photographers who are seasoned pros, who not only do great work, but are also always happy to share their tips, tricks, and ideas.  I started following Kristen Caldwell on FB a couple of months ago and have already learned so much from her.   She recently shared a tutorial on adding clouds to your images to enhance overcast clouds.  I had just the image I wanted to try this out on and luckily I was in such awe of the clouds on the day I took this image that I had coincidentally photographed the clouds as well (and you need an image of clouds to do this enhancement).  Lucky me :)

Anyhow, here is my before and after shot.  The one on the left is straight out of camera (SOOC) and the one on the right is my professional edit :).  I added the clouds and then ran a perfect portrait action on it, followed by some light / dark painting, and some high definition.  I just love the finished product and was quite happy at my first attempt at cloud overlay.   I love the look on both of their faces.  Caroline looks so chill, yet slightly annoyed that I am taking her picture.  It is a classic Caroline face.






0 comments:

Post a Comment