CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Welcome...

This is my adventure into a second blog. I already have another blog. It is all about our family. Well, let's be honest, it is 95% about our kids and 5% about my husband and I. I needed a space for me. Heck, I needed a hobby for me.

So, I turned 30. My husband bought me a fancy camera. I love it, but I really want to learn to use it. This blog is a journal for me as I learn to do so. Why a blog? Well, I don't remember anything if I don't write it down anymore (Mom brain), so I am hoping to record some of my experiences to eventually get to the point where I really learn how to use it. Capture. Remember. Or else you'll forget. At least, I will.

I am not a professional (which really will be more than obvious). I am learning as I go. I may use the wrong descriptors, be totally off base, and some of what I say may be flat out wrong, but I hope to grow with practice and I will correct myself. This is a brand new adventure to me and I think it will be a fun ride.

Here are a few shots from the first day playing with my camera. All were taken with a 50mm f/1.4 lens and natural light. Some notes about what I learned - Love the f/1.4, but very hard to shoot a baby with - didn't have as many problems with my toddler. Depth of field is obviously extremely shallow and babies are fidgety, so they can quickly go out of the focal range. The prime lens (one that does not zoom) takes some getting used to, but I loved the look and feel of the pictures it produced.

f/3.5 - 1/160 - ISO 250
Early morning light


f/2.5 - 1/1000 - ISO 100
Mid afternoon light


f/1.4 - 1/320 - ISO 500
Afternoon in our front foyer


0 comments:

Post a Comment